Tuesday, April 17, 2007

A CHILD'S CRY - BY Sanitha

This poem is written for the innocent lives swallowed by a monster called child labour.If you want to do something for these children please visit www.cry.org.




Papa ,papa "I want to go to school",
Papa said "Shut your mouth you little fool",
Now go to work with your lunch and tool,
Before the sun melts the dawn's cool.

So I start my lonely walk,
Keeping my thoughts private with no one to talk
I can hear the song of a skylark,
As I gaze longingly at the childrens Park

After my long stroll, I reach the mine,
Where I have to slog till night nine,
I pretend everything is fine,
And start to work, Else I wont have anything to dine.


My heart is broken, coz my friend Ted is dead,
Some say it was coz he inhaled the poisonous lead
Whatever it is, his face was red,
And he fell sick and died in bed.

This job in mine,God,do I hate...
My mother says Dear Tom, this is our fate
My Father says go to work, if you want a full plate.
I'm sure I'll fall sick and die, if I work at this rate.

My greatest dream is to learn,
And to get a job by it and earn,
When I see other school going boys,My heart burns,
With desire to study, alas my heart can only yearn.

No comments: