Saturday, April 28, 2007

1st year of my MBA - Experiences and learnings

I was pretty clear that id make a difference to whichever institute i went -whether it be IIM or IIPM...i have such internal locus of controll. I have tried to walk the talk - its for u to decide if i have been able to make a difference or not.

Well i had my brother who did an MBA before me , so i had got some solid gyaan about an MBA experience from him.At that point i could not fully gasp or relate to what he said , but now i think he was perfectly on dot He said that 1st year is the phaze when you think you are right , while in 2nd yr you realise that u r not always right or rather there can be more than one rights to a single situation. During 2nd year u learn to accept other side of the view - he coined a term - U learn to AGREE TO DISAGREE Secondly he said that your close friends list will keep on changing from semester to semester. the one u didnt get along with in 1st sem would soon b a close buddy in 2nd sem and by 3rd sem it would go back to be a less friendly relationship....like a vicious circle. i thought this was absurd....but now i can vouch for this .MBA basically opens up ones ability to agree to disagree

my 1st year was unlike any typical MBA student. i did everything that i wanted to do and never cared for what others think should be done. I never ran after CGPA , i participated in various b school competitions , started a guest lecture club called Atithi2008 , bunked classes a lot , never "makhanofied" the faculties....in short i was a rebel. in the way i gave wrong impressions to lot of people about my arrogance. it was just that i knew what i wanted to do and my confidence was mistaken for arrogance (specially by those who could not be like me !)

The best part is inspite of all of this i always managed to score well , alas better than most of my peers and this made me loose a few more friends.... all in all i did exactly the opposite of a normal MBA student and in 2nd year i plan to be studious and study as now it would be only marketing subjects...which again would be hard to digest for most people who would not care much about CGPA anymore since the placements would already be over but i never came here for placements and i know right from the beginning that CGPA would not dictate my career . I am just too good for any recruiter to miss anyways

2 comments:

AMIT@XLRI said...

hi abhishek, gone thru u r exp. in b-school, wonderful discription, well i'll be highly obliged if we can shake hands .
I'm not a part of icfai hyderabad although i could have been since i got thru icfai hyd way back in 2001 secured 12 rank in ibsat.but i joined xlri, anyways will wait for u r mail at bemused04@rediffmail.com
regards
amit

Samira said...

Great content. Checkout estoquelamborghiniprice.com